Summit Arts Night

Showcasing and Supporting Students in the Arts

Summit Arts Night is the annual art fundraiser and event to celebrate the school’s various artistic skills. The night will take place in the Summit Commons on May 21 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and suggested donations for the annual art fundraiser are $5 per person or $20 per family. Art will be displayed by students of all art levels and genres, with art for sale and a silent auction. 

The night will feature a production of “The True Story of the Three Little Pigs” from the Thunderous Applause class. There will be all kinds of art hung up around the commons, including paintings, prints, drawings, photographs, sculptures, ceramics and more. 

Last year, the Summit production of “Hamlet” played in the center of the commons with chairs for people to sit. Student work was displayed or auctioned for fundraising. Portfolios are curated by students in higher art classes such as AP Art Studio, Portfolio Development, Graphic Arts 4, Photography 4 and more. 

“I’m excited for every student that takes art at Summit to show their best work,” said Myria Gautreaux, an art teacher at Summit. 

Art Night is a fun and engaging event for everyone to see what the incredible students at Summit High School can create.