Two Teens in Critical Condition Post Crash

12 police cars responded to the collision on Century Drive and all traffic to the mountain was closed for the day

A Toyota 4Runner heading towards Mt. Bachelor swerved in front of a Cascade East Transit bus on its way back from Mt. Bachelor Jan. 6, resulting in two teens being placed in critical condition. The collision occurred around 12:30 p.m. and 12 Emergency Medical Service vehicles responded to the crash. They arrived around 12:45 p.m., in time to take the two teenagers driving the SUV to the hospital. The 16 people on the CET bus had a couple minor injuries that were treated on the scene. The collision, which occurred just west of Skyline Ranch Road at milepost five, caused Century Drive to be closed to the public for the remainder of the day. There is yet to be an update on the health conditions of the two teens involved, and there has not been an identified cause as to why the car swerved. Other drivers said the roads were icy that day, and that’s currently the most realistic assumption.