Winter Formal Returns

Summit’s Evermore-themed dance to take place next January

Summit High School’s student council has announced the upcoming Winter Formal dance, scheduled for Jan. 13. The dance’s theme is Evermore, based on the album from popular artist Taylor Swift.

The theme, which is said to be “an enchanted winter formal” received some backlash from those who dislike Swift. Some students took to leaving Instagram comments voicing their criticisms on the post announcing the dance. 

Student council reassured students via Instagram that the album will only serve as inspiration for the decor, and only a handful of Swift’s most popular songs will be played. The negative comments have since been removed.

Winter formal will be the first formal dance of the 2023-24 school year. While students attended an informal homecoming dance after the Summit vs. Ridgeview football game in September, this will be students’ first opportunity to dress up for a fun night alongside their peers.

While other details like location and ticket prices are yet to be announced, it is set to be an exciting event for all Summit students.