Youth Art Takeover

Bend students display work downtown
Photo from Downtown Bend Business Association

High school art students all over Bend have been gearing up for the Youth Art Takeover downtown this Friday night. Students will be showcasing their talent downtown at various locations from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. as a part of downtown Bend’s First Friday Art Walk.  

This year, the takeover will include a ceremony that will honor Scholastic Art Winners, held from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. The event will also feature performances before and after the ceremony from the Central Oregon School of Ballet and the Terpsichorean Dance Studio.

“One of the things that’s really fun about the youth art takeover is that it isn’t just Summit, it’s a community event,” said Summit art teacher Jessie Dale. “Downtown is always super hopping during first Friday and other schools are showing work as well so it’s a fun opportunity to be out in the community and see students’ work at the same time.”

Artwork from Summit students will be displayed at Sotheby’s Real Estate office from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., and artwork from some of Bend’s art teachers will be displayed around Deschutes Brewery.