Schedule Preview Day

Summit students prepare to forecast

Schedule Preview Day will be on Feb. 15, giving Summit students insight to all the forecasting options for the 2024-2025 school year. During preview day, all students (except seniors) are required to visit classes of their choosing before finalizing schedules for the fall.

Students will attend four different sessions, each 10 minutes long. The wide variety of sessions previewing available classes can be found in students’ emails from Summit. In these classes, teachers will introduce curriculums and some classes will even have senior ambassadors to present, answer questions, and give advice.

“I would recommend students checking out classes they are curious or genuinely interested in taking,” said Summit counselor Lori Craft.

Many students might feel tempted to go to classes their friends are interested in or classes they already know they’re enrolling in next school year. However, it’s important to learn more about classes that students are deciding between or uncertain about.

Forecasting will be held in the Library with all of the counselors, starting with juniors on Feb. 20, sophomores on Feb. 26 and ending with freshmen on Mar. 4.

As these important decisions arise, Craft reminds students not to give into the pressure of what classes everyone else is taking. Just focus on what classes students will thrive in individually.

“Each student has their own unique circumstances, and what works for one student may not work for another,” explains Craft.