WinterFest is Back!

The beloved festival returns for a weekend full of fun

The 2024 WinterFest returned to Bend in the Old Mill District for a larger venue Feb. 16 through Feb. 18 after three years at the Deschutes County Fairgrounds for some winter-filled fun! Lay It Out Events planned and organized the popular festival, featuring live music, artists and vendors.

Crowds gathered to listen to live music by musicians such as Hell’s Belle’s, Tony Smiley, MOsley WOtta and more. Attendees also watched live ice carving, fire sculptures and light art shows put on by various artists.

The Oregon Lifestyle Marketplace, as well as the Wonderland Market Tents and Cascades Outdoor Marketplace, supplied a range of vendors. From jewelry shops, such as Wild Moon Jewelry, to game stores like Modern Games, the shopping options were diverse and housed in large, heated tents. Since most small business owners sell the bulk of their merchandise during the summer, the festival gave business owners a chance to display their products and make some profit during the offseason.

“Overall it did benefit my business. February is hard for makers and it gave me an opportunity to meet new people in person,” said Wild Moon Jewelry owner Holly Hakala.

Food carts offered a variety of different flavors, including Mediterranean cuisine, pizza, BBQ, dumplings and more!

Attendees dressed in costumes to participate in the Hot Cocoa 5K Run: a jog through a winter wonderland with a hot cocoa bar waiting for them at the finish line. The festival also had some new additions this year, such as a ferris wheel and merry-go-round.

Despite frigid temperatures, the event was enjoyed by all who went and was a great way to bring the community together!