Keeping the Win Streak Alive

Summit boys water polo beats Bend High
Jase Michel

The Summit Boys Water Polo team gained yet another win against Bend High on Oct. 19. After four quarters of well earned goals the team unsurprisingly beat the Bend Lava Bears 11-3, in their final home game of the season.

The boys water polo team hasn’t lost a game to Bend High since 2018, and they continue to do so. They played Bend High for the first time this year on sept. 21, winning 16-4.  And as the next few weeks come up, the team is preparing for playoffs and state, hoping not only to continue the win streak against Bend, but to also follow in the footsteps of the 5A state title they earned last season.

“[we have] some kinks to work out but we’re playing like a team,” explained Captain Lars Heraeus after the win.

“It’s like a rush of adrenaline,” said sophomore Jase Michel when recalling the score at the beginning of the game.

By the end of the first quarter the score was 5-0 summit. The first goal of the game having been scored by Chris Ryder, Summit Pinnacles very own sports and health editor. And the points only went up from there, as team captains August Erber and Heraeus followed Ryder’s goal with two of their own.

“We’re like a bunch of brothers out in the water,” said sophomore Heraeus who scored 5 of the 11 goals during the game.