Why Can’t I Afford Concert Tickets Anymore?

Because Live Nation Caters to the Wealthy
Photo: Elena Pressprich – visitbend.com

Within the past couple years, the coming of Live Nation at the Hayden Homes Amphitheater has greatly raised ticket prices, angering locals. After Live Nation partnered up with the amphitheater, concertgoers started seeing bigger artists and higher prices in everything, from tickets to forced rental chairs to ten dollar plus drinks.

“A lot of this is Live Nation, we joined with them to bring bigger names and that’s why prices are up for everything in the venue,” an anonymous Hayden Homes employee told The Pinnacle. 

“Paying upwards of 80 dollars every time I want to go see a concert, whether they’re a big name or small, is pretty outrageous,” said Axel Hagg, a junior at Summit who attends many local concerts. The Live Nation website says most ticket prices sold at their venues are set by artists who also take 100% profits of ticket sales. However, with the arrival of Live Nation at Hayden Homes smaller artists’ ticket prices have also been up, often more than 60 dollars each.

With concert prices so high, many performances aren’t even worth looking to go to anymore. Even with small artists, prices consistently being higher makes shows in Bend unappealing to begin with. It feels as if the coming of Live Nation has made the concert scene in Bend cater to tourists and the wealthy, rather than locals.

View Comments (1)