Summit Boy’s Basketball Places 2nd in the State after loss to Tualatin High School

Kol Doan, Staff Writer

On Sat, Mar. 12, in the high school men’s basketball 6A state finals, Summit lost to Tualatin High School. The matchup between the #1 ranked Tualatin and #2 ranked Summit was highly anticipated. Hundreds of students from both schools showed up to the Chiles Center in Portland to see which team would be crowned the best in the state. The game started off back and forth, but Tualatin was able to pull ahead by half with a 6 point lead. Early into the second half Tualatin continued to build on their lead, making it double digits. Shortly after, the Storm went on a run to bring the game back within 3. However, Tualatin built slowly on their lead. The Storm again tried to make more pushes but Tualatin always had an answer. Tualatin rode their lead into the 4th quarter and throughout the game. The buzzer sounded with the score 49-66, Tualatin winning the game. Summit had an incredible season, finishing with an outstanding record of 27-1, the best in the state. This team has truly been amazing to watch, with countless jaw dropping moments all season. Special thanks to our seniors: Caden Harris, Julian Mora, Carson Cox, Shane Arnold, Truman Teuber, Benny Woodward, Matt Caylor and Sam Renner, who made Summit very proud this season.